Unable to fully connect to internet

Midala 13:23 19 Oct 04

For last 3 weeks I have not been able to view web pages, DNS Error appears on screen and although there are some bytes received there are very few being sent. I have contacted B.T. Yahoo Broadband four times but they have not been able to solve the problem so far. It is as if there is not enough power to establish a full link allowing me to view web pages. Any advice would be appreciated.

xania 14:12 19 Oct 04

Please provide more details of your system. In particuylar, what type of modem and what OS. Also, from your comments you imply that this was working and has suddenlly stopped. WHat did you do to your system immediately before the problem occurred.

Graham ® 14:25 19 Oct 04

The address is not being translated into numbers. Try inputting the number address in (2) on this site:

click here

Midala 15:11 19 Oct 04

It is a speedtouch modem installed in February, 2004 and Windows'98 is O.S. I have no idea how the problem started.

woodchip 15:31 19 Oct 04

Have you tried the 98 repair tool for IE, Go to add remove in control panel and double click the Microsoft Internet Explorer it will give the option to repair

Midala 15:54 19 Oct 04

Before system failed pop up ads. appeared and slowed system down.After they were removed Internet connection failed to work properly and no web pages would load.

woodchip 15:56 19 Oct 04

have you tried the above

Midala 16:12 19 Oct 04

The above was tried and message was that it could not be repaired due to version of atl.dll existing but needs to be greater than 3.0.8449.0 whatever that means!

woodchip 16:17 19 Oct 04

Then you need a copy of IE6 on a Mag CD and try loading that. You will need to choose Custom Setup to get it to run

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…