Unable to fit 2.5" HDD

iqs 14:38 30 May 14

Hi, I bought a WD 2.5" HDD to replace the Seagate HDD currently in my laptop The old unit was removed,and the retaining brackets fitted to the new HDD

With or without the brackets,the new HDD will not slide into/onto the SATA connections without using force.

The original just slides in easy,no force required

I have fitted the WD HDD into my SATA dock,everything is initialised & formatted,and fits easily .

I know if things require force,there's an issue,but could the laptop header be designed for one make of HDD ?

Thank you

SparkyJack 17:31 30 May 14

Silly thing to suggest I know but, it is some thing that has occurred to me when the laptop is 'face down,with the compartment open. Check the drive is the right way up. The top of the drive should face down and the circuit board be look ink at you ,so to speak. Easy done, I know.

bumpkin 18:09 30 May 14

not a printer

iqs 19:21 30 May 14

Hi, Thanks . The drive was the correct way up,I first thought I had it up-side down,but not I have two threads posted for some reason,the other one has had more feedback,. So far all suggestions have been tried, but still no resolution Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…