Unable to find on/off Switch

ponytail 07:45 25 Aug 14
Answered

Not sure if this thread is in correct section but sure someone will tell me.My wife has a Philips GoGear MP4 player but seems unable to deterine where the on/off switch is.I have looked as well and pressed all the buttons but it is still on now and have to keep charging it.Just ondered if anyone out there has one of these players and could advise. Thanks

rdave13 07:57 25 Aug 14

Push and hold the power button to the off position and wait a few seconds. You should see the bye screen.

chub_tor 08:25 25 Aug 14

Click Here scroll down to the FAQ's and look at the second item.

ponytail 09:40 25 Aug 14

Hi rdave13 which is the power button what I have is volume + & - at the top play and pause in the center on the bottom there is a lock control switch and the mini usb port and headphone socket.

ponytail 09:43 25 Aug 14

Hi chub_tor watched the video but my player does not have that switch

Menzie 11:54 25 Aug 14

What is the exact model of player as there are quite a few GoGear players out there?

On some MP3 players the play button is the off switch. Holding the play button down for a few seconds will turn them off.

wee eddie 12:16 25 Aug 14

I think that we need the Model Number.

I copied and Gooogled your bit in the first post and an On/off switch is shown, on the top end. A broken Circle with a line coming through the break

Woolwell 13:26 25 Aug 14

Never reads the manual. Press and hold the play button in the centre to switch on and off (page 6 of the manual) Philips downloads

ponytail 08:32 26 Aug 14
Answer

I eventually managed to get a reply from Philips and they say the same as you.But the actual switch with the broken circle with the line going through it is actually on the bottom of the player.If youmove it to the left it locks the player and return to the center it unlocks but move to the right and hold it there for a few seconds and it turns it off so looks like the manual is incorrect.Thanks for all the help

Woolwell 10:22 26 Aug 14

I must have posted a link to the wrong manual because you you never did tell us which actual model you have. The manual will not be incorrect.

Woolwell 10:22 26 Aug 14

I must have posted a link to the wrong manual because you you never did tell us which actual model you have. The manual will not be incorrect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now