Unable establish bilateral printer communication

Gugs 23:20 08 Jan 04

With 98SE,Epson C82 and Inksaver - After working correctly for several months PC has now started to advise that it "cannot establish bilateral communication with the printer - reinstal driver." whenever I ask it to print: although the printer will still print as required and Inksaver still works the 'Status Monitor 3' is inoperative. Uninstalling Inksaver and printer and re-installing printer only,checking printer cable connections does not help. Any suggestions please. Regards

woodchip 23:32 08 Jan 04

Check the printer spool properties have not changed.
Start\Settings\Printers "Right Click Your Printer"\properties\details\Spool Settings check you have Bi-Directional checked

Gugs 22:55 09 Jan 04

Thanks for trying but 'Bi-Directional' confirmed as being already checked. Regards.

Swampy 07:18 10 Jan 04

What is? I have a similar problem with my HP.

Sheila-214876 12:26 10 Jan 04

Check the BIOS and make sure the printer is set as ECP+EPP and not SPP.

Gugs 22:27 10 Jan 04

Where abouts in bios please? x unable to find any reference to printer there. Thanks

Sheila-214876 11:27 11 Jan 04

Depending on your BIOS it could be under Advanced or Peripheral Configuration. If not look for Onboard Parallel Port in all the pages.

Gugs 23:31 11 Jan 04

Found Onboard Parallel Port Mode in 'Features Set-up' and changed from SPP to EPP. No luck.
My thanks for your efforts Cheers.

DieSse 00:18 12 Jan 04

Both Epson and HP recommend the parallel port is set to ECP.

You could try changing your cable.

You could try unistalling the printer driver AND status monitor, and re-installing them both.

Gugs 01:10 23 Jan 04

After spending the last week or so chasing Epson for answers,without getting the problem fixed, (although I was impressed by the content and speed of their responses ) I finally solved the puzzle by deleting all references to C82 on my PC then copying over the Epson file from an old, discarded, Hard Disc. Why this should work when attempts to re-install from two separate driver CDs failed time and time again is beyond me so I'll just be grateful. Thanks for assistance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…