Unable To Enter Bios

Daz35 22:32 17 May 04

Two weeks ago my hard drive on my 5 month old machine appeared to have died. Being under warranty I am awaiting delivery of a new drive from PC service call. (I was told it would take 5 to 7 working days to be delivered and it's 7 working days today and no sign of a phone call, but that's another story) When the drive went down I looked in the BIOS settings and the drive wasn't being detected, so after speaking to PC service call, they recommended that I took the base unit to PCW so they could verify the drive was the problem. They tested the drive in their system and told me it wasn't being detected there either. Anyway,yesterday I just thought I'd check to make sure the problem hadn't righted itself (forever hopeful!)but it hadn't and now I can't even seem to access the BIOS. The logo comes up and then nothing. Does this mean something more sinister? Should I be able to access BIOS even if the hard drive is down. The reason I ask, is because when the engineer eventually turns up to replace my drive I don't really want him to tell me something else needs replacing and it'll be another 2 weeks wait for it to come into stock and another week before they can fix it. Any suggestions or comments are most welcome. Many thanks.
P4 2.6Ghz 512 ram 80gb Maxtor HD

OneSirKnight 22:58 17 May 04

have you by any chance a cordless keyboard? or usb keyboard?

woodchip 23:04 17 May 04

Yes but try removing the ribbon cable from drive then try BIOS it should allow you in unless you have a password

Daz35 23:13 17 May 04

Sorry to waste your time folks. I've just realised the keyboard isn't plugged in!!! I took it all apart when I went to PCW and didn't put it all back together again. My most abject apologies to those who tried to help. The more I learn the stupider I get. Basic mistake I suppose we've all made (haven't we?) in a moment of sheer stupidity! Still hacked off with the fact my dive died after only 5 months though.

OneSirKnight 23:16 17 May 04

dont forget to click Resolved. good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…