unable to download video

trickydicky 20:55 01 Jul 03

I am using Windows XP Profesional and a cable modem, but since I installed a new version of the BT internet software I am now unable to right click on a video file and play or download it as both links are greyed out.I have tried uninstalling the software to no avail,but before I installed it I could do these things. I am also running Norton Antivirus and Zonealarm. It semmed to occur at about the same time as I accidentally hit the restore defaults button in the security tab of the internet options dialog box.Even setting the security settings to their lowest settings does not cure the problem. Can anyone help me out here!!!

-pops- 07:10 02 Jul 03

Tried reverting to an earlier time with System Restore?

I'm definitely of the "if it ain't broke - - " philosophy. My BT broadband software is the same as it was when I first set up my machine. It works perfectly OK so I wouldn't dream of altering it. On another machine I did update the modem sftware once - it halved the speed of the connection - never again!!

Brian

trickydicky 18:48 02 Jul 03

Thank you Pops, now why did'nt I think of that, too busy thinking of the difficult way to do it when there is an easy way to do it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…