Unable to download pictures in I/E 6.

Jim Sadler 17:22 20 Jul 04

My desktop and notebook both run I/E 6 and both are up to date with Windows Updates. Both machines use XP Home with Norton Personal Firewall and Anti-Virus. The settings in I/E 6 and Norton are identical for both machines, but the notebook will not download pictures, background colours, or non Flash buttons. Any suggestions please? Jimbo S

MichelleC 18:25 20 Jul 04

IE cache maybe full, try deleting Temp Int Folder files.

canard 23:26 20 Jul 04

Have you got tools security- downloads- don't allow checked by any chance?

Jim Sadler 16:38 21 Jul 04

MichelleC & canard. Thanks for your responses. The cache is empty and downloads are not disabled. The settings are identical for both machines but one will download and the other won't.

MichelleC 18:39 21 Jul 04

Is your isp AOL?

Jim Sadler 19:31 21 Jul 04

No MichelleC, it's a dial up connection through Telefonica here in Spain. Both computers use the same dial up but on the laptop I use a Hotmail account for e-mail and on the desktop a Tiscali, Spain, account. Internet Explorer opens in both computers through the same dial up connection. I'm quite advanced in computer problems, but this one has me really foxed. Thanks for your efforts on my behalf.

pcwhizz 19:46 21 Jul 04

TWO WORDS!

Mozilla Firefox!

Sorry if it has nothin to do with the thread, but u shud be ashamed u dnt use it

go to click here and get it!

Jim Sadler 19:52 21 Jul 04

Thanks for the link, pcwhizz, but it won't help me solve my present problem with I/E 6.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…