unable to download pdf files

Carafaraday 14:43 15 May 03

I am unable to download pdf files. Running Windows 98, McAfee Professional 7, and Zone Alarm (freeware). Any (simple) remedy appreciated.

Lú-tzé 14:50 15 May 03

Try right clicking on the file name and choose save as.

Then use Acrobat Reader to view them - can be downloaded from adobe.com

If you are doing all this, then I am not sure what the problem may be - give more details of the symptoms of the problem.

MichelleC 15:39 15 May 03

I had this on 1 pc. I uninstalled AR totally and reinstalled latest v. It took a few goes.

Pesala 15:48 15 May 03

has some significant benefits over earlier versions. Line art looks very much better with smoothing turned on.

_Treb_ 16:06 15 May 03

some pdf files are quite large and it appears that your pc has frozen, took me a while to realise that.

Carafaraday 16:49 15 May 03

I have donwloaded the new Acrobat - but still noe luck. Treb is right - it does seem that the pc has frozen - but the file is only 1.3mb and I have waited for 10 minutes without success.

luvpup 16:54 15 May 03

Where is the file, have you d/l to your machine or r u trying to read it from the web site. What OS r u running. What machine P4 etc? Just trying to get a better insight to your problem. How much RAM do you have?

fitshase 16:54 15 May 03

Have you tried dowloading that file on another computer?

Post the link here and we'll tell you if it is a problem with the PDF.

Carafaraday 17:11 15 May 03

Thanks everyone. I gave it one more try and lo and behold everything worked. Treb was right - everything just went dead for more than 10 minutes but it loaded eventually.

Thanks everyone.

_Treb_ 18:41 15 May 03

Just waiting for broadband here in sunny Cornwall. Connected @ 48K at present. £ meg download takes about 20 mins.

_Treb_ 18:41 15 May 03

£ = 3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…