Unable to download mail on outlook express

Acornone 21:52 22 Aug 07

I have not been able to download mail on outlook express since he 17th Aug. I can send out though. I get an indication that mail 4 of 30 is being recieved. After about 15 minutes an error Message appears:-

Message number 3 could not be retrieved. Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: 'levels so is off to =', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
I phoned Tiscali who lead me through reconfigering the POP settings but that did not work. They left me saying that I should take the lap top back to the supplier as the system was corrupted.
Any ideas?
Also is it possible to read tiscali account on yahoo mail? Only I seem to remember seeing something about reading your pop accounts.

woodchip 21:55 22 Aug 07

Sounds like a Server Problem tiscali

If you get disconnected just temporary then that would do it

pimpers 00:38 23 Aug 07

You could try and read all your emails on the Tiscali web site through your account.

Look for number 3 email then read it, copy and paste into word if you want it and then delete it.

This might free up the server issue when you try to download them while in OE.

Worth a try.

Pimpers.

pimpers 00:39 23 Aug 07

Sorry should have read 4th email. Doh!!!

Pimpers.

brundle 00:46 23 Aug 07

click here

Access via webmail as suggested or try Mailwasher; click here

beeuuem 01:28 23 Aug 07

Have a look at the mail causing the problem at click here and delete the offending mail from there if necessary.

Acornone 21:02 23 Aug 07

Thank you so much mail2web.com worked. I was able to read all the messages which were very important to me and delete all the rubbish. Just tried outlook express and I have new mail.
Thanks again
Acornone

recap 21:19 23 Aug 07

For message 3:

click here for Server error 0x800CCC90

click here;EN-US;q303194 for error 0x800420CD

-----------------------------------------

click here for error Number 0x800CCC0F

recap 21:22 23 Aug 07

Sorry the link for error 0x800420CD
wont work click here this one should.

beeuuem 21:38 23 Aug 07

Always glad to be able to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009