unable to download emails

JOHN 23:01 29 Jan 06

Although I can see my emails via my website, I can't download them using outlook, outlook express or thunderbird. The progams appear to try to connect but nothing happens. Any ideas please?

Skills 23:10 29 Jan 06

Check that you have all the details are entered correctly like your pop settings. Do you get any error messages?

JOHN 12:21 31 Jan 06

No, all settings are ok. sometimes it works and sometimes it just keeps polling.

johnnyrocker 12:33 31 Jan 06

delete and recreate the account might resolve the issue for you.

johnny.

JOHN 17:33 31 Jan 06

No, tried that. Also tried outlook, outlook express and thunderbird. Thunderbird seems to be best as it keeps polling the site for a lot longer and then has occasional success.

sp21 17:37 31 Jan 06

Do you have Norton Firewall? I found this suddenly stopped my e-mails, although I could get them via webmail. I checked the configuration and found an mysterious extra entry for Outlook. I deleted that and all is now OK.

>steve< 17:45 31 Jan 06

yes i have had a similar issue and like sp21 it turned out to be Norton firewall .try searching in google after searching these forums and you might find its a common problem.

JOHN 17:51 31 Jan 06

No, no Norton. I've got Etrust Antivirus but this was a problem before I got that.

JOHN 23:56 11 Feb 06

I think my provider has too many demands on email during the day. I am finding that it is easier to download in the evenings. Hopefully, this is the answer to my problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…