unable to download covers

bananaslik 10:43 05 Dec 04

hi,i have just formatted my h/drive & reloaded xp with sp2,when i go to cdcovers.cc i can no longer download the covers,i select the cover that i want & nothing happens.The box which should show the front,back or cd label is there but there is nothing in it.I have disabled the sp2 firewall & pop-up blocker but i am lost now.some other sites(only a limited few will allow me to download)but the majority will not,in some where the cover should be it just has a red cross with a white background.Hope u can help - many thanks

bananaslik 11:04 05 Dec 04

no not as yet,i did have this prob a few years ago but cannot remember what to do

roy 11:17 05 Dec 04

Hi! Have just tried that website and also found that nothing was downloaded. I did find that I could right-click on the picture and 'save as' but as this gave me a file of only 93 KB it may not be good enough for your purpose.

bananaslik 11:20 05 Dec 04

hi Roy i could'nt even get the picture,all i could do was select the picture i would like & that was it -nothing happened

ACOLYTE 11:53 05 Dec 04

I have just tried to dload a cover at ramdom and it worked first time,i tried a lable as well and this also worked,it doesnt dload as such when the pic appears you need to save it to hdd.

paddyjack 11:55 05 Dec 04

Try this site I think it is better click here just cancel the downloader it keeps poping up to annoy you, also this one click here

bananaslik 12:31 05 Dec 04

thanks paddyjack but the same hapens i get to where the covers shuld b & i get a white square with a red cross in it & no cover

VoG II 12:39 05 Dec 04
  ACOLYTE 12:42 05 Dec 04

click here maybe this will help.

paddyjack 15:06 05 Dec 04

If you email me the ones you want I might be able to help, I have a goodly collection on my comp

bananaslik 15:15 05 Dec 04

Vog,ACOLYTE thanks for the suggestions i have tried them but to no avail,i also d/loaded & installed java 2 runtime enviroment which was in a link from microsoft to Sun but it had no effect.OOOh well back to the drawing board..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…