Unable to Download

ulrich 17:29 31 Oct 06

I have been trying to solve this problem for sometime, and I think it is a registry problem, but I cannot download large game patches, latest drivers, Google Earth etc. I can download Microsoft updatesand Anti Virus updates ok. I did find a fix on here but I lost it.

Pineman100 18:15 31 Oct 06

Could there be anything in your firewall settings that is causing this?

Exactly what happens when you try and download a large file?

ulrich 18:36 31 Oct 06

I click on download and it does with the green boxes, then I click instal and it disappears. I have had this problem for sometime. I did instal a reg tool, and I think this changed something but I am not too sure exactly when it happened, I have tried sys restore. I have just fitted a wireless on my sons pc and I can d/load what I want and basically it's the same but not so powerful, same AV and firewall.

ulrich 21:48 31 Oct 06

I have just done repair install still the same.

VoG II 21:55 31 Oct 06

So are you saying that they DO download but you can't find the downloaded file?

ulrich 18:04 01 Nov 06

I've done a search but not found them.

VoG II 18:20 01 Nov 06

Are you not prompted to specify the download folder? click here

Or change the download folder click here

ulrich 19:11 01 Nov 06

I just tried to download the latest Google Earth.
I got "Do you want to run or save this file?" I clicked run got the green blocks and that was it.

VoG II 19:12 01 Nov 06

What happens if you click Save instead of Run?

ulrich 19:33 01 Nov 06

Yes I tried that, but still didn't work. My sons pc even though not up to mine is no prob to dl the latest Google Earth. If I knew where to look in the Registry I could change the download values as I believe this is what I read but cannot find now. We both run the same AV and firerwall.

VoG II 20:09 01 Nov 06

"but still didn't work"

What exactly happened?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…