unable to down load attachments

reddD 21:18 08 Feb 07

Hi every thing was ok on my system (lap top and desk)
until my kids started to use them to down load tunes from iTunes.
Now I can not down load attachments (pdf files for example) from the web.This happens in all browsers (netscape,firefox and internet explorer) I have ran a virus scan with no luck. Any help would be great plus
the lap top is works and I'm stuck if I cant download
files. Oh yes the browsers freeze when I try to downloa.
thanks

skidzy 21:22 08 Feb 07

System Restore ?

Try updating Adobe.
Foxit as a workaround for now click here

reddD 21:30 08 Feb 07

yes I have doen a restore with no luck

skidzy 21:36 08 Feb 07

Can you try with your firewall disabled.

reddD 21:37 08 Feb 07

just tried to down load a word doc. it appears I can't down load any attachments? and if i try all i get is the application freezeing :-(

Ashrich 21:39 08 Feb 07

Download a good Spyware/Malware scanner click here and choose a couple of different ones onto a working PC that has a CD writer , write them to disk and run them on the other PC's , if both are exhibiting this tendency to not download then it sounds if they are infected with something .

Ashley

reddD 21:42 08 Feb 07

yes done that, didn't work

reddD 21:45 08 Feb 07

hi ashrich.
yes thats what i think. I have download a virus cheacker from work (university) will try with the spy ware thanks

Technotiger 21:45 08 Feb 07

Hi, does this happen with both the laptop and desktop? Have you tried in IE/FF etc Tools>Internet Options>Delete Files/Delete Cookies.
Also check in Internet Options, Contents/Privacy settings etc.

reddD 22:16 08 Feb 07

hi Technotiger
yes it happens on both systems, looked in internet nothing wrong there

Technotiger 22:22 08 Feb 07

Hmmm, is laptop connected wirelessly via router on PC - if so, try re-setting the router by disconnecting the routers power, waiting ten seconds, and then reconnecting routers power (don't turn off pc). Next ...

Try opening this link click here ... what happens?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…