Unable to do a System Restore

JF25 11 Feb 12

I was going to load a new programme and was going to do a system restore point first but when i clicked system restore the computer crashed and restarted with the message that windows had been shut down and I had to start it with the enter key. It started without any problem so I tried again with the same result. Any suggestions what is wrong? Thanks John

rawprawn 11 Feb 12

Disable System Restore, then reboot, Then enable System Restore again, and try once more

JF25 11 Feb 12

Thanks rawprawn but I do not know how to disable system restore. my O.S. is Windows 7 J

rawprawn 11 Feb 12
  rawprawn 11 Feb 12

Disable/ Enable System Restore

In case you don't know how to re enable it. RP

JF25 12 Feb 12

I have followed the instructions R click Computer ,select properties but when i click system protection the computer shuts down and restarts with black screen asking how I wish to start windows as it was shut down. Thanks for your assistance RP j

buteman 12 Feb 12

Go into command prompt and type in sfc /scannow and then press the Enter on your keyboard see what errors it finds and fixes.

Or go into Safe mode and run system repair using the up down buttons on your keyboard.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message