Unable to display on Projector

Franic 10:31 24 Jan 07

I have a Toshiba satellite Laptop and can only manage to display the Desktop background and system tray on the Sanyo ProxtraX Multimedia projector. How can i display the full desktop including icons or my MS Powerpoint presentation.

Any idea very welcome - Thanks

jack 10:45 24 Jan 07

This seems like a connection thing.
Describe the connection set up between laptop and projector.

Franic 11:20 24 Jan 07

i am using a serial port connection. Have now progressed to being able to display powerpoint,but still cannot display normal desktop etc that appears on laptop.

Batch 11:23 24 Jan 07

Do you need to set (or synchronise) the resolution for the video out to be as for the lappie screen?

jack 11:40 24 Jan 07

Serial port.?
What about the the video output- as if you were using an external monitor?
Are we talking the same thing?
Or does the lappie offer the RCA Video/Audio out set?
or S Video.
Think along these lines

Franic 16:59 24 Jan 07

Thanks everyone

Fingees 17:19 24 Jan 07

Could you let us know how it was resolved?

It may help others.

jack 12:18 29 Jan 07

Franic graciously thanked us ticked resolved, but did not let on how.

It is of course useful to know how.

On another forum a similar problem after much tooing and froing resolved that problem.
Was it the same one?
Possibly
Not being an owner of a 'Lappie' I was not aware of subtle extra keys and tabs on the keyboard/A function Key and one of the top numeric keys with an image of a screen on it.
Differing by make of machine pressing combinations of keys toggles the screen from the lappies monitor to an external monitor device.

When all else fails - RBM.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…