Unable to delete W32spybot.wom

Keyhole 11:21 17 Jul 04

My Norton AV detected W32.Spybot.worm, but it won't quarantine or delete it. Does anyone know how to do this?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:25 17 Jul 04

click here scroll down to recovery and click link follow instructions from there.

CurlyWhirly 12:57 17 Jul 04

KEYHOLE

One of the perils of using P2P networks eh?
I know as I have had loads of viruses, trojans and spyware from using P2P and I have now stopped using them altogether as they are more trouble than they are worth.
I would rather have a clean PC.

I know you can get malware from other sources but P2P must be one of the major causes as you don't know EXACTLY what it is you are downloading until you run it and by this time it may be too late!
CW

Keyhole 17:15 17 Jul 04

I don't have P2P. Norton AV alerted its presence in an incoming email, but as I said, Norton AV cannot quarantine or delete.

I don't have P2P. Norton AV alerted its presence in an incoming email, but as I said, Norton AV cannot quarantine or delete.

Cook2 23:55 17 Jul 04

Try click here and also click here
Run both, if one doesn't cure it the other should.

THE TERMINATOR 02:20 18 Jul 04

click here or click here and use the free online tools....TT

Keyhole 23:41 12 Aug 04

Resolved, with difficulty, but thanks to all for the help and advice.

Keyhole 23:41 12 Aug 04

Resolved, with difficulty, but thanks to all for the help and advice.

shazza65 19:41 29 Dec 04

I am trying to help a friend of mine whose daughter spends many hours on MSN. She has FINALLY run her Norton Anitvirus and found a virus which she cannot remove; W32SPYBOT.WORM.

Does anyone know what visrus this is and how it can be removed? Have looked at a previous problem on forum but not quite sure of the best way to get rid of it, I've got to sort out her computer tomorrow.

Also, please advise of what the real problems of using MSN are because I've got to explain to her daughter the perils of using MSN.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…