unable to delete tmp files

jimmer409? 19:59 17 Jun 03

i attempted to delete all my tmp files, but unable to delete some, runing xp home, the files are as follows:xrxwbtmp.dll and mailtmpl, can anyone help, when i right click i get open containing folder, or extract, or copy?? when i open the folder there seems to be loads of files that do not make any sense.

BBez 20:08 17 Jun 03

the xrxwbtmp.dll is a Xerox Corporation webtemp Module file and the mailtmpl is some sort of banner block for msn messenger (click here for more info). If you want rid of them, reboot system and hit F8 key which should bring up a startup menu. choose safe-mode then attempt to delete them when they're not in use...

jimmer409? 21:04 17 Jun 03

thanks bbez, tried what you said, was able to clear some other problems, but the files i mentioned i could not delete, also ran disk clean only to find i could not delete 32kb files in webclient/publisher temp files, any other ideas. thanks.

VoG® 21:25 17 Jun 03

Try moveonboot as suggested by Foolsbane_1 earlier today click here

wee eddie 21:48 17 Jun 03

Are we talking about you Internet temp files, or are you picking these up by searching for *.tmp

jimmer409? 05:51 18 Jun 03

yes wee eddie searched for *tmp files and was unable to delete the files mentioned in the first question.

BBez 06:12 18 Jun 03

the files that you cannot delete are possibly "locked" by their respective application when in Windows. Try a third party util like "G-Lock Temp Cleaner 2.0". click here to download it (freeware)

keith-236785 09:02 18 Jun 03

Please note that some temp files are just that, temporary files which are needed for the current session

as a rule i sort them by date and delete any that are older than the current date (ie Today).
I am however still left with 3 or 4 when i delete them.
if you really think you need to remove them follow the advice of the other replies,

good luck

The Spires 09:15 18 Jun 03

Some Temp files even though tempoory in nature may be in use at that particlar time, often when windows reboots they are re-creatated anyway. This is a good program for keeping you Pc clean safely. click here Supercleaner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…