Unable to delete Nero 5

gersfan 14:52 30 Jul 03

I have a Mesh matrix 2400 with windows xp home edition, I have tried without any success to delete Nero 5 using the add or remove program when I click on remove I get the following message.
Fatal Error During Installation.

I'm interested in Nero 6.which I downloaded and installed, and tried to delete this with the same result. Any help with resolving this problem would be much appreciated.

Mat2 15:26 30 Jul 03

Hi gersfan

To delete Nero 5 you have to use the orginal program disk then use it just as you would if you were installing the program but instead of an install button you get a remove button press that and just follow the on screen instructions and then should be removed from your computer all you need to do is restart the computer.

gersfan 20:05 30 Jul 03

Hi Mat2
I should have mentioned that I had already looked for this option on the disc (oem ver.)It goes straight into the installation then stops,with a window saying that your system has not been modified.
I have browsed the disc and opened an uninstall icon in the nero folder with the following result.
the configeration file was not found.

Mat2 09:52 31 Jul 03

Hi gersfan

As you say in your reply that you have an OEM version of Nero5 I have an OEM Version of Nero5 and there is an uninstaller program on my disk. Also Have you tried to delete the Nero5 Folder from the Programs Files in Explorer. Possibly you might have to go into the registry aswell to delete and references to the program which may also delete references to Nero6. If you go editing the registry i would first make a back up just in case you have problems and maybe a system restore point awell.

Is the Nero 6 An update from Ahead? If So the update will integrate into nero 5.

I hope this information is any help to you.

gersfan 11:04 31 Jul 03

HiMat2,thanks for your response and help with my problem,It would appear that the installation was corrupted,I came across a program that I havent used McAfee Uninstaller and this solved it for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…