Unable to delete messages from Hotmail trash can.

Meshuga 11:33 10 Dec 05

I am finding it impossible to remove messages from the hotmail trash can. I delete them after reading them and they go into the trash can and I then go to the trash can and click on Empty and get a message saying are you sure you want to and I click Yes but they won`t go. At present I have 7 messages to get rid of. It`s always been ok until recently. At the head of the page it says "An error has occurred" but it doesn`t say what the error is. Any ideas how I can resolve this please? My OS is XPhome sp2.

Methedrine 12:27 10 Dec 05

I thought that Hotmail automatically emptied your trashcan after 14 days. Is this still the case?

As far as deleting them yourself, it's a web based email service. If it says that an error has occured, then the problem must be at Hotmail's end.

Meshuga 13:54 10 Dec 05

Thanks Methedrine, my trashcan page has always shown that trashcan is emptied after one day but it never did. If the problem is at hotmails end I don`t know where to go from here.

Jackcoms 13:56 10 Dec 05

"I don`t know where to go from here"

I suggest you go to G-mail.

VoG II 14:09 10 Dec 05

I've just tried it and I'm getting exactly the same, Meshuga. So it is a problem at their end. As items in the Trash Can don't count towards your quota I would just put up with it.

john-232317 14:28 10 Dec 05

Meshuga, I get this in my box "Trash Can is emptied every 1 day(s). Messages in your trash do not count towards your account limit." So it shouldn`t cause any problem, maybe it is a hotmail glitch ;-). still sunny in Spain ;-o

Meshuga 14:50 10 Dec 05

Thanks Jackcoms , Vog and dadyassa. I`m glad the weather is good in Spain dadyassa as my daughter lives in Torreveija.

Re Trash can, I have the same problem its been driving me mad pleased to know iam not alone i have over 50 messages on mine

bruno 22:34 12 Dec 05

I have the same problem.

ladybabe 14:55 14 Dec 05

download mozilla and then go on to hotmail and empty the trash can that way it worked for me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…