Unable to delete incomplete MP3 files

Andrea2003 11:38 19 Oct 03

Anyone know why I can't delete these from the 'My Music' folder? I'm using WinXp Pro and WinMx. I get "Cannot delete........, is being used by another person or programme...close any files that might be using the file and try again."

I've had this problem before and can't for the life of me think what I've done different this time...if anything (formatted yesterday).

Have tried restarting PC in safe mode and still get same message.

Mike 11:40 19 Oct 03

The chances are your p2p program is still running in the system tray , close it down first.

The Spires 11:47 19 Oct 03

This program will allow you to do this click here it is free, there are other ways of course but if you are not totally familiar with the registry etc this may be your best bet.

Andrea2003 11:47 19 Oct 03

That's what I thought but even tried deleting P2P and it still won't let me!?!?!

Andrea2003 11:48 19 Oct 03

Thanks The Spires, will give it a go now

Andrea2003 11:55 19 Oct 03

Nope, didn't work, they are still there!!! Anyone else help?

The Spires 12:25 19 Oct 03

Have you got Administrator privileges, was the file created by another user?

Terrahawk 13:29 19 Oct 03

try going into right click on the file properties and change the file extension from .mp3 to .txt hopefully if it will let you do that you should be able to delete it.

Andrea2003 13:31 19 Oct 03

Thanks for your help...ended up using File Shredder, but will keep your replies for future reference...thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…