Unable to delete files

ayrpie 00:23 19 Oct 06

I have noticed when examining the contents of my my C-Drive and opening the Programs folder I had a number of JPEG files. I thought nothing different but to delete them. Don't ask me why but while the ones I attempt to delete move to the re-cycle bin it appears to create another copy of the JPEG file on the hard drive. Each time I attempt to delete another copy is created and in some cases I now have 20 copies of the same JPEG clogging up the drive. Any ideas ? Do I have a virus?

Jak_1 00:54 19 Oct 06

Looks like you do! First things first; turn off system restore, go into safe mode and then delete the files. Then run your antivirus program followed by any antispyware programs. Then empty the recycle bin. Once this is complete restart the pc in normal mode and reactivate system restore. All should now be well and the offending files etc eleiminated.

billbod 00:17 22 Oct 06

I sometimes use this seems to do the job

click here

johnnyrocker 00:21 22 Oct 06

empty the re cycle first each time after deleting and prob solved particularly if this is via the search options.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…