Unable to delete file that has TROJ_VUNDO.H viru

spencer boy 09:08 23 May 05

Just upgraded to PC-Cillin 2005 Internet Security (XP) and it has scanned the following virus:

TROJ_VUNDO.H and the infected file as:

It does not clean or delete the file and says that I have to perform a manual deletion of the file.

No if i go into the Fonts folder it does not show the urlip.dll file (even if i set the hidden files opion). Hence I can not delete it (and i have got an annoying pop up now).

Tried Spybot and Adware but this does not delete it either.

Can anyone help?????

BRYNIT 09:35 23 May 05

This might help click here

GBL 10:08 23 May 05

Try this site and download CCleaner,click here

I use it regulary now, it removed a virus I had that wouldn't go away.

Easy and quick to use, recommended by numerous readers to this site.

spencer boy 10:08 23 May 05

Thanks for the reply.

Ran the fix but it came back saying the virus could not be found. Puzzling..... even after reatrting twice it still finds the virus and the file that does not exist.shall raise a technicall issue with their support.

spencer boy 10:26 23 May 05

nice little application CCleaner - cheers. Tries that but didn't remove the non-existant virus that is in existance.

Thanks for the reply.

Nellie2 10:26 23 May 05

Symantec have a tool for removing the Vundo problem.. I know it says its for Trojan VundoB but it has worked on other variants. Download it and give it a try, let me know how you get on.

click here

ayrmail 10:44 23 May 05

spencer boy, with out knowing your level of knowledge and not wishing to offend. It wouldn't be that the Trojan is on a CD or DVD as by default windows allocates D: to a removable storage device.

spencer boy 11:01 23 May 05

Thanks Nellie2 - that has worked a treat.

Thanks to all that have responded. Super quick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…