Unable to delete file with Download Trojan Virus

Lemur 21:23 24 Sep 03

I have XP and Norton Anti Virus.

I have been made aware of the presence of a Download Trojan Virus in one my files as follows:
"The compressed file 242656.exe within C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temporary Internet files\Content.IE5\ODY7GK2Z\Browser_Plugin[1].cab".
As it seems to be a Temporary Internet File, I tried Disc Cleanup, but to no avail.
Then I followed the Norton Anti Virus instructions following another scan, but that ended with the message "Your computer is still infected with viruses".
Finally I tried the following procedure suggested by NAV: 1) Disable System Restore. 2) Update the virus definitions (already up-to-date). 3) Restart the computer in safe mode. 4) Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as Download Trojan. Result:"Your computer is still infected with viruses".
The only support that Norton offer is a paid telephone service for viruses!!
What next please?

VoG II 21:30 24 Sep 03

Try this:

Exit Internet Explorer, Control Panel, Internet Options, Delete files, tick Delete all offline content and click OK.

You coulf=d also tyr this in Safe Mode.

If not try CleanUp! click here

Lemur 22:24 24 Sep 03

Thank you VoG. I have been working on this problem on and off all day, and in just seven minutes you came up with the solution. Your first suggestion worked a treat.

Most grateful.

VoG II 22:38 24 Sep 03

If somebody could teach me to type I'm sure I could do better!

Glad it worked, Lemur.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…