Unable to delete corrupted folders, weird goingson

Kalitechnis 17:27 19 May 03

I have had a very unusual event happen: I wanted to wipe clean a CDRW back-up disk (which was almost full) in order to start again..
I copied it all to my hard drive.
Here I encoutered the first sign that something was amiss- the computer would freeze during the copying process (frequently, requiring reboots).
When all was copied, I wiped the CDRW, then burned it all back on again.

Now here is the curious part-I have now discovered that one of the folders of the material I copied to the Hard Drive contains nonsense, and which cannot be deleted.
It also apparently is 109 Gbs in size -I only have a 40Gb HD!
And funnily, I burned this folder along with the rest onto the CDRW, and on the CDRW it is as it should be-a bunch of graphics files (JPEGs)!!
I cannot figure this out-it's weird.

Does anyone have a clue as to what's happened, and more importantly how to get rid of these obviously corrupted files? (I tried erasing them with Eraser, but this failed as well) .
Also why did the computer freeze when copying the files to my Hard Drive from the CDRW? (Most of the files were Graphics)

I'm running 98se, and Nero Burning v5.5.0.4.

Many thanks for any help,

K.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…