unable to defrag certain files

aboutit 18:05 08 Apr 05

when I try to defrag on windows XP it gets to 13% then stop with the message unable to defrag 9 files in my documents folder can anyone help please. I have tried scandisc and file checker but still get the same message

octal 18:12 08 Apr 05

Can you see the files?

aboutit 18:17 08 Apr 05

no it just says how many and where they are

Dorsai 18:23 08 Apr 05

I would try scandisk & then de-frag in safe mode, and see how you get on.

aboutit 18:31 08 Apr 05

just getting the same message.

bertiecharlie 21:20 08 Apr 05

You can normally defrag individual files or folders, (or your whole drive), with Power Defragmenter from click here (This site takes between 30 seconds and a minute to open).

You would need to download both Power Defragmenter and the Contig application as shown on the site.Extract the Contig.exe file from the ZIP archive and place it in the same directory next to Power Defragmenter.

When you open the PD programme check the box "Defragment folder(s)" and click Next. Under "File 1 to defragment" navigate to your My Docs folder with the button on the right hand side then click Defragment.

Other alternatives for you to try are DiskeeperLite or the free O&O Defrag 2000 which works fine on XP click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…