Unable to copy file message

collinsc 01 Dec 12

Hi

I am trying to copy a number of files from one location to another, i am receiving a message which simply says "Unable to copy file". I have managed to identify the problem file by trial and error and deselecting that file from the copy, however i want to know why it wont let me copy it.

I know that the file name lengths are long in this particular file - perhaps that is something to do with it? The message is very generic, is there any way to identify the problem file?

Thanks

northumbria61 01 Dec 12

More info needed if you are to get help - O.S. - type of files etc. - size of files - and where are you copying them to.

collinsc 01 Dec 12

OK - Thanks.

Windows 7. Files containing word, excel documents. Not sure on file size - say 10GB Copying from my laptops local drive to a shared drive on my company's network.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message