Unable to contact a certain Website

TABBYCAT 17:55 24 Oct 06

I am unable to contact a one particular website - click here - always getting an error message saying page could not be loaded, or server was reset during loading.
Others can contact this site and I have no trouble contacting other sites. The Helpdesk at Capital One insist there is nothing wrong with their sie which is up and running fine.
Any suggestions, please.

octal 18:12 24 Oct 06

Have you check in Tools>Internet>Security and check on the restricted sites to make sure the URL hasn't been added. The other place it might have been added to is the Hosts file, if you do a search on the computer and have a look in there. The only other thing it might be is the ISP, are you with NTL?

eedcam 18:20 24 Oct 06

Have you got your privacy setting set on High?

GaT7 18:21 24 Oct 06

As a temporary measure, try another browser - Firefox click here / Opera click here. I sometimes get errors like you mention with some sites using Avant (basically IE) or IE, but don't with the other browsers.

No problems with NTL here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…