Unable to connect to router config.

A13X 17:54 12 Jan 06

Hello, my first post 'ere! Hopefully it's an easy problem to solve.

Here is the problem:

I'm trying to access the configuration page of my router (Some unbraned thing from dabs). The router 'number' or ip address is 10.0.0.2 and my computer is set as 10.0.0.1, another being 10.0.0.3.

I load up Internet Explorer (or Mozilla Firefox or just Windows Explorer) and type in 10.0.0.2 or click here to get onto the configuration pages. However, nothing happens. The browser just sits there and doesn't do anything. The page doesn't open. I've tried turning off my firewall program but that doesn't help.

The computer is a 2.9ghz Pent 4 with 512mb of Ram. Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002.

The internet works fine, so information is getting to and from the router; i just can't get into it. The manual also doesn't help.

Please advise, thanks in advance,

Alex.

ade.h 17:58 12 Jan 06

That is a very odd router config IP. All that I have seen are based on 196.168.0.--- usually 1 or 2. Belkin uses 2, Netgear uses 1, etc.

Can you give us a model number or product link from Dabsdotcom?

That is a very odd router config IP. All that I have seen are based on 196.168.0.--- usually 1 or 2. Belkin uses 2, Netgear uses 1, etc.

Can you give us a model number or product link from Dabsdotcom?

Whoops! Sensitive touchpad caused a double post.

A13X 18:15 12 Jan 06

Model number = PAE-CE84 (I think it's 84. It's either 81 or 84. I suspect it's 84 as it's a four port, as oppose to the 1 port routers that it details in the manual)

Made by PTI.

ade.h 18:25 12 Jan 06

Here are some search results for artciles about your model, including forum threads.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017