Unable to Connect to Router

dregn 06:28 08 Aug 05

I bought a Draytek Vigor 2600G router a couple of weeks ago and installed it without a problem. Now I am unable to connect to the router.
I think I may have changed a setting so when I use the Quick Start Wizard I get the message ' Autodetecting Routers' and the response- 'No Router Detected'. I am at a loss as to how to proceed.
I am connected via the ethernet port and am running Win XP Pro.
I have setup a new network connection to no avail - I think I may have omitted an important setting. I am new to networking.
I am due to be 'B/B enabled' today so I would like to solve this ASAP !
Advice much appreciated.

woodchip 09:26 08 Aug 05

Go to System Restore do a restore if you can to just after you installed the Router

Taff36 09:41 08 Aug 05

click here Post back if you have any questions but it looks easy to follow to me however the first time setting up a wirless router can be very tricky!

scotty 10:22 08 Aug 05

Does the router have a way of resetting it to the factory defaults? This should get you back to the situation before you altered any settings.

vinnyT 11:48 08 Aug 05

Silly Q? Have you changed any settings or upgraded your firewall recently?

Even if you have'nt, it's worth checking.

Technotiger 13:10 08 Aug 05

Hi, my Router is the Linksys Wireless-B broadband router, diff to yours, but I am sure very similar in operation. This was also my first attempt at simple Home Router network, and while trying to add my compatible mobile phone to the network, I too screwed-up my settings which meant my second pc could not get on-line. I cured everything simply by physically going through the Router set-up again, without making any alterations to the given settings - I just clicked on Next-Next-Next etc and then found that it was all ok again.

Might work for you too.

dregn 07:42 09 Aug 05

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions.
I performed a 'factory reset' on the router( which incorporates its own modem )and reconfigured everything.
I paid particular attention to TCP/IP settings and I think this is where I had gone wrong previously.
Eureka ! The connection is fine - big relief.
Many thanks again - but see new post regarding unable to connect to ISP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…