Unable to connect to previously working Hm Ntwrk

DanaD 03:50 27 Jun 07

My husband has a Toshiba laptop and I have a Compaq PC I had created a wireless home network where he could print from anywhere in the house; for some reason it stopped working and now we are not able to print at all or share files. Does anyone have a suggestions at to what to do to fix it. He can still connect wirelessly to the internet just nothing else.

mgmcc 11:32 27 Jun 07

Is it possible that your firewall has been configured to allow access to the specific IP address of his laptop, but that the router has allocated a different IP address which is now blocked by your firewall?

DanaD 12:52 27 Jun 07

To the response: The answer is I'm not sure. How would I check that?

mgmcc 21:07 27 Jun 07

If you are not sure and don't know how to check, then its fairly certain that the problem lies elsewhere. It could only have been configured for a specific IP address if you (or someone setting it up for you) had deliberately entered the IP address. In Zone Alarm, for example, the IP address would have been entered as "Trusted" in the Zones section.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…