unable to connect to one out of three.

wildtrout 15:58 15 May 06

After the lightening storm last week my Safecom modem/router packed up. New one arrived today and fitted but I am having problems seeing one pc from the other two in the network.
PC "A" can see PCs "B" and "C"
PC "B" can see "C" but not "A"
PC "C" can see "B" but not "A"

I am running Zone Alarm on all but makes no differance if this is deactivated.

I can ping each from each.
No other settings have been changed to my knowledge
Any ideas please?

mgmcc 07:15 16 May 06

Have you tried entering the path to PC "A" directly into the address bar in My Network Places, either by name or by IP address?

\\computername

\\computername\sharedfolder

\\192.168.x.x

Also, I would suggest that it is probably better to have Zone Alarm configured correctly than to 'deactivate' it - I'm always sceptical about whether you can actually stop its background processes. The new router may have allocated different IP addresses to the computers so that the "Trusted Zone" settings are no longer correct, unless you have allowed for the full subnet.

wildtrout 21:30 16 May 06

mgmcc

Tried entering path as suggested and failed to connect to A from either B or C. Tried using this method to other pc OK.
Uninstalled Zone Alarm and retried still fails.

mgmcc 00:14 17 May 06

See if this Microsoft article helps - click here

Presumably the "problem" PC is accessing the internet reliably via the new router?

wildtrout 10:48 22 May 06

Reinstalled Zone Alarm then unistalled using programs uninstall feature rather than add or remove programs from the control panel.
All now seems fine.

Thank you for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…