Unable to connect to NTL web space

Audeal 19:54 07 Oct 04

I am trying to help my sister to upload her Family Photos onto her NTL web space. She is new to Broad Band and has been allocated 55mg of space. I have done this on my own web space and on my Brothers with no problems. I am using Pipex and my Brother who is in Australia and uses an Aussie IP.

I have tried to access NTL world using "Flash FXP" and "Terrapin" but am unable to connect with either program. With Flash FXP I get an error saying "Unable to resolve host: upload.ntlworld.com". With Terrapin I get the error "Connection Error".

I asked my Son to try it and see if he can connect, which he did and connected without any problems, he even uploaded the homepage for me.

I can still connect to my own and my Brothers Websites with no problems but not to NTL. So this can't be a problem with my system. Can any body please advise me how to overcome this problem. It did cross my mind that it might be due to my attempts to connect from another system as NTL is on Cable.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Audeal 03:03 08 Oct 04

Solved. I was right. NTL can only be accessed from an NTL system.

conrail 15:00 23 Jul 05

Hi Audeal, I have created my 1st web page and on ntl but can't seem to find the right options on their site to upload, can you tell me how you managed it please, thanks

Audeal 21:37 31 Jul 05

I have been away on holiday, hence the delay in replying to you.

It has been about 9 months now since I sorted my sisters system out. I can no longer remember how I did as I do not use NTL myself and I do not have access to it now. I thought I had some notes on it for future reference but I can't find them now, so I may have disposed of them during my recent house move and clearout.

I sincerely wish I could help you but I am unable to help. I hope you are able to sort out your problem, if you havn't already done so.

Best regards. Audeal.

jacqueline_1969 16:02 31 Jan 06

I know this was posted ages ago but just in case it helps anyone int he same situation. I have made a section on my webpage under NTL to help in uploading to their site as a lot of people have problems.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…