Unable to connect to normal sites

GazMaz 22:44 22 May 06

Hi crikey things go from one thing to another.
I had an issue with MSN and thought I'd fixed it by associating some DLL's with the program. Now it seems that this may have affected my connection somehow.
The odd thing is some sites like the NTL site are fine, but ebay google BBC and PCadvisor really struggle, and fail both in Explorer and Firefox.
How do I locate where the problem is, where to start?

beynac 22:48 22 May 06

I've had trouble with Google and PC Advisor sites. I don't think it's just you!

gardener 22:51 22 May 06

Are you with Virgin.net (NTL) because I'm having all sorts of problems accessing sites.I was watching an item on EBay and now I've missed it because Opera keeps telling me it can't access the server.However I can access other sites,albeit intermittently.I think it's a server problem for me.

beynac 22:51 22 May 06

Do you use NTL? It could be their problem. See click here

GazMaz 22:56 22 May 06

Could be as their page opens fine, and I can access other sites through my Bt/work connection which is what I'm on now email is fine. OK so wait till the morning check NTL status again and take it from there, to be fair don't normally have many issues with NTL so I'll wait before I SHOUT at them really loudly!
I use Dan Elwell's internet speed checker and it is indicating a download issue from various servers so looks like that's the issue

woodchip 22:58 22 May 06

It's the Net that's having problems.

woodchip 22:59 22 May 06

I am NTL/BT line

woodchip 23:00 22 May 06

NTL works through German euro site's and I am getting probs with ping for those

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…