Unable to connect to network ...................

Sandsifter 16:00 28 Jan 07

I Have a Belkin Wireless G+ Mimo Modem Router (Model No F5D9630uk4A)on my Dell Dimension 9100 and a Wireless G+ MIMO USB Adapter (F5D9050uk)
On my Acer Aspire 3004WLMi I have a Belkin G+ MIMO Notebook Card (F5D9010uk).
When using the laptop in the same room as the Dell the network connection is perfect using the Belkin Notebook Card however when I leave the room to use the laptop in another room or as I wanted too in a friends house the network connection was unavailable.I then switched to my internal notebook adapter (Broadcom)ite network connection is perfect.
I does not matter to which direction I go the Belkin adapter fails to connect with the network once I have left the room wher the router/modem is.
Any ideas please.

STREETWORK 19:21 28 Jan 07

This can be attributed to many things.

1. The range of the router
2. The material the wall are made from
3. If the router is near metallic objects or EM fields.
4. The limited range of the adapter.

Try and move the router to another location away from any metal or even PC speakers.

mooshty 09:31 29 Jan 07

Im having a similar prob.

Just wondering if the G+Mimo is junk!!!!!!!!!!

Sandsifter 09:38 29 Jan 07

Hi mooshty.
I have given a detailed reort to Belkin and am awaiting a reply.......maybe the "junk" label can be qualified lol.
I will rearrange my office tho and possibly sheath the cables with Anti-Static trunking after I have heard from Belkin.

mooshty 11:35 29 Jan 07

I have also been in touch with Belkin and as you,waiting for a response.

I used there online help too, and was terminated as soon as the question was asked as why the range was so limited.

Sandsifter 21:23 31 Jan 07

Hi Mooshty,
This is the reply I recieved from Belkin needless to say I followed all the steps and achieved .................nothing more than I already had.
I will now get back to them but I feel that it will be pointless unfortunately I am at a loss as to which Make of wireless equipment to get now.
Have you had anything back yet?
-------------------------------------
Hi Anthony,

Thank you for contacting Belkin Technical Support.

We understand that you are unable to connected to wireless network with the USB adapter.

Anthony, to resolve the issue, we suggest you change the channel on the router by following the steps given below:

1) Open an Internet explorer window (from a computer connected to the router)
2) On the address bar type in 192.168.2.1 and hit Enter.
3) Leave the password blank and click submit
4) Click on "Channel and SSID" under "Wireless".
5) Try changing the channel through 1 to 11.
6) Apply the changes.
7) Leave it at the channel that gives the best range

Please keep this under observation and get back to us if the problem persists.

Anthony, if you need further assistance please feel free to write back to us and we will be happy to assist you.

If you have any other questions or problems you may also call us toll free at 800-223-5546 (Extn. 2263). Alternatively, call us on 310 898 1100 Ext. 2263

Regards,

Colleen McDonald,
Belkin Technical Support

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac