Unable to connect to the Internet

bbmf474 09:48 03 Feb 10

I use a Mac book pro with Boot Camp and access Windows using XP. Unable to connect to the Internet. I've gone to the diagnostics for windows, checked connectivity, and selected network. I'm then given for instructions. One to open network connections. Two right click wireless network can adapt to and click properties.

Three click the wireless networks tab and then click properties.

Four click the authenication tab then clear the enable IEEE 802.1x 1X authentication for this network check box. When you have verified that the settings match click next. I have tried this and it doesn't appear to work.

Any help you can give would be appreciated, thanks in advance

Kevin-1416101 10:08 03 Feb 10

There would not be a modem in your desktop unless you use a dialup connection for internet. You need to look at Network Interface Card. Did you connect wired or wirelessly before you rebuilt the system?
Check your PC one more time for Network interface card and if still having problem click here

bbmf474 10:34 03 Feb 10

thanks kevintechie
I use broadband via belkin router and have probably cocked things up trying to connect.
I need to start again.
I tried network diagnostics and it said right at the end that I would need to contact the xp provider as I need authentication.
I have tried everything and now am in a complete muddle
help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant