Unable to connect to internet

hssutton 15:12 02 Sep 08

Just a little history first, a number of weeks ago my pc running Vista Ultimate would not recognise any of my Sata drives (after running for approx 12 months without problem). The problem appeared to be due to the nvidia sata drivers, and at the time no alternatives where available, so I started using 2 Ide drives.

last evening I noticed that new Nvidia sata drivers where available, so I reconnected the sata drives and all was well. Spent the next hour with Vista updates. and several other updates, When these had finished downloading and installing the internet ceased to work. If I boot-up using my Ide drive I can connect ok, if I boot via the Sata drive, I cannot connect.

I usaually manage to "muddle" my way through most problems, but not this time.

Here is a screen shot click here Hope this will help to solve my problem.

Many thanks

^wave^ 15:24 02 Sep 08

try this from a cmd window
ipconfig /release
then
ipconfig /flushdns
then
ipconfig /renew
it might just clear the problem

provider 2 15:25 02 Sep 08

One thing at a time seems to be the best way:

click here

hssutton 21:21 02 Sep 08

I finished up doing a restore prior to yesterday major Vista update of 250mb, internet now working ok. Will reinstall updates tomorrow and see what happens

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…