unable to connect to internet

easyrider 08:00 13 Dec 05

I`ve 3 desktops and three laptops all running XP and last night was unable to connect to the internet. The wireless side of the network appears to function ok. When I tried msn messenger and tried the repair function it came up with DNS and port problems anyone got any ideas?

mgmcc 08:31 13 Dec 05

Presumably you are connecting via a router and, if multiple computers are unable to get online, this would suggest the problem is with the router. Routers usually have a button with which you can perform either a "soft" reset (reboots it) or a "hard" reset (restores out-of-the-box factory settings).

If you are able to get online with a single PC connected directly to an ADSL modem, this would support the conclusion that the router is the problem and a reset should restore its functionality.

easyrider 09:11 13 Dec 05

Tried reset to factory default last night to no avail. I have been wondering if it could have anything to do with the micro filter.
As I have no internet connection at home I will only be able to access the internet at work so there maybe a delay to me acknowledging your responses.

easyrider 20:18 13 Dec 05

Do not know what the problem was but when I got home from work everything was working as normal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…