unable to connect to the internet

meljalor 20:44 26 Aug 04

Hi hope someone can help me. I am unable to connect to Tiscali broadband. I am using outlook express and this gives the message unable to connect to host pop.tiscali. With IE6 it directs me to an unable to connect page with the refresh box greyed out. Briefly in the address bar at the bottom it flashes c:/windows/system32/shdoclc.exe before loading the blank page. (This is the only bit of the message I get time to read).
I have run adaware, spybot, spysweeper, spyguard and cws shredder and nothing is found.
I am connecting through a router and the lights status indicates that the connection is established.
My home page is about:blank.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Graham ® 21:02 26 Aug 04

Has the broadband never worked? About:blank home page is normally a hijack.

Dan the Confused 21:03 26 Aug 04

Have a look at click here

meljalor 16:28 27 Aug 04

yes broadband has worked. Home page usually tiscali home page but changed to blank to see if it made any difference.

meljalor 16:29 27 Aug 04

thanks Dan.I am working through the thread at present, will let you know if I have any success.

meljalor 05:46 08 Sep 04

hi, went through all threads and got nowhere so ended up formatting hard drive and reinstalling windows XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…