Unable to change Program access in Zone Alarm

John B 09:25 09 Jul 05

Real player has been blocked by Zone Alarm. I wish to add it to the trusted zone, but the 'Add to Zone' menu is greyed out (and the 'More Info' button too).

I am on the Alerts & Logs page (alert type: Program). None of the other alerts will permit me to change the zone, although some will allow 'More Info'

I used to be able to access the trusted zone menu, so can anyone suggest what's happened please?

Pooke 10:00 09 Jul 05

Can't you change it in "program control"? Just scroll down the lise to real player and change the x to a tick under the Access, Trusted column.

As for why those buttons are greyed out, I don't know.

johnnyrocker 10:02 09 Jul 05

i had a lot of trouble with za and eventually binned it and elected to use sygate, the only suggestion i can make if you wish to stay with za is to uninstall and reinstall because it appears to me to be compromised in some way.

John B 11:03 09 Jul 05

Pooke... I've changed the access in program control but the greyed out problem persists! Johnnyrocker, If all else fails I will uninstall & reintall.

ACOLYTE 13:56 09 Jul 05

I to used to use ZA and like johnnyrocker changed to sygate but not because ZA was a bad product in fact its a very good product but i couldnt work out the LAN connection settings and with sygate it was just one tick in a box and that suited me,lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…