Unable to change back location of Documents

ThickMick 06:16 15 May 08

Vista Business - Recently I changed the location of Documents to 'D' Partition on my C Drive. Now Windows Office 2003 updates fail to install. Tried altering location back to C:/users/Mick/documents from D:\Documents and get following failure message.

Folder redirection Failed. Failed to build the list of regular folders under D:\system volume information - Access is denied.

Logged in as administrator and all other updates load OK

ThickMick 06:24 15 May 08

Forgot to say off the computer until late afternoon

simmo09 10:25 15 May 08

Try click here first.

Also maybe you can do some tweaking inside the registry, always make sure you are backup your registry first and are confident in making changes.

Im not sure if this will work but you may want to give it a go, it allows to change default install location - which actually may be irrelevant but of some use:

1. Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
2. Find ProgramFilesDir whose default should be C:\Program Files
3. Change this to whatever directory you wish. I changed it to D:\Program Files for example.

Remember you have to reboot for your changes to show

ThickMick 20:37 15 May 08

Thanks simmo but have tried first suggestion and get the failure message.

Looked at the second and found it all but a bit loth to alter it as not sure how to back up registry first.

ThickMick 11:13 16 May 08

Back to normal after downloading a file which saved to original location and able to transer all the documents manually.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now