Unable to Boot From SSD

silver78 14:13 31 Mar 14

Shutdown last night no problem. This morning couldn't boot into Win7 H.Prem. On 240GB SSD, would get to boot screen then momentary BSOD flash. Last good config wouldn't work and couldn't get into Safemode. Attempted repair using W7 boot CD with no luck. It found SSD but reported '0' in partition. It attempted repair reported as successful but wasn't. BIOS 'sees' the drive. I booted from an alternative drive using w7 Ult. still unable to access drive, reports 'needs formatting'. Disk management reports drive as having 2 partitions, 197MB sys res. and 223GB (RAW) Healthy. Is there any way I can get into this drive without formatting as there are a couple of files I'd like to retrieve if possible. Any help appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:11 31 Mar 14

If it had been a standard drive I would have said try running chkdsk /r.

john bunyan 19:24 31 Mar 14

It may be worth trying Easus Partition Recovery Wizard. Easus

silver78 12:28 01 Apr 14

Thanks Peeps. I checked out several different recovery progs including Easus but settled on Minitools power Data and Partition recovery progs. Using Power Data recovery I've easily found and saved the files I wanted from the corrupted drive. (You're allowed up to 1GB recovery free) Once I've made sure I've saved everything useful I'll attempt to recover the partition containing the O/S. Watch this space :)

silver78 18:24 03 Apr 14

Well that was an abject failure and entirely my fault - probably. I got a bit confused as to what bits to tick to start the recovery and finished up losing the lot. Ah well, as luck would have it I've not lost anything important but just have to remember all the sticky-notes I had hidden away. Now I've formatted and reinstalled Windows etc. I'm going to do a backup and burn a recovery disk in case it happens again. Talk about horses and stable doors :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…