Unable to boot linux CD

@jc 18:43 14 Feb 05

I've downloaded xandros "linux" cd and burnt the ISO file checked it on my desktop pc and it worked fine,

What i want to do is install it on my laptop to dual boot with win 98se which is already on my laptop "toshiba satellite 2100cds" with a 6.2 gb h/d, The problem is i go into the BIOS and set it to boot from the CD insert the CD and reboot but win 98se just boots up as normal.

P.S yes i did save after changing the BIOS

Any idea's anyone ?

mattyc_92 18:46 14 Feb 05

Where did you download it??? You may have downloaded it "illegaly"...

Diodorus Siculus 18:46 14 Feb 05

I think that you have to press the "C" key when booting with a lot of older toshiba laptops... worth a try.

mattyc_92 18:47 14 Feb 05

Also what was the "file format"?? It should be ".ISO"

@jc 18:48 14 Feb 05

Hi Thanks for the quick reply's i downloaded it from the xandros site it's freeware.

Diodorus Siculus i'll go try it now report back in a couple of mins

mattyc_92 18:54 14 Feb 05

Have you checked here for info?? click here

This is the offical website, so this should sort it all out....

woodchip 18:54 14 Feb 05

The CD is not a bootable CD. If it's a ISO that you download you should open NERO, go to file in Menu click Burn Image you then point it to the number one ISO file, and click burn it will then make bootable CD

@jc 18:54 14 Feb 05

Diodorus Siculus no luck with the "C" key

mattyc_92 it was an ISO file which is burnt ok as it works fine on my desktop pc

Diodorus Siculus 18:57 14 Feb 05

May be worth checking the BIOS options again. Just in case...

@jc 18:59 14 Feb 05

Diodorus Siculus checked and double checked been on this since yesterday,even downloaded it and burnt it again still it works fine on desktop when set to boot from CD but laptop just not having it,

woodchip 19:00 14 Feb 05

The ISO you downloaded will not boot just by burning it to a CD. You have to create a IMAGE with it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced