Unable to attach photos to emails

Ikarus 15:10 PM 28 Jan 13

Running Win7 Home Premium,8Gb RAM. In the last 24 hours I have been unable to attach documents/photos to e-mails. I use BTyahoo and Google Chrome Browser. Clicking on "Attachments" the file is displayed but it shows zero bytes and does not load. I can send mail without attachments without a problem. I have disabled all Chrome extensions but this has made no difference. I have not installed any new software in this period

If I use another browser I can access my mail and send mail with attachments. Has anyone else got/had the same problem and, if so, how was it resolved?

Sparkly 15:20 PM 28 Jan 13

Hi Ikarus i had a similar problem in the past when reciving an email with an attachment i could not open/download the attachment, i am using IE9 and with yahoo, i got around this by going to Tools on the menu bar and select Delete browsing history and delete Temp files/cookies and history. I know its a different problem than yours but worth a try till someone come forward with another thought.

Ikarus 11:12 AM 30 Jan 13

Sparkly, thanks for the suggestion. I eventually solved the problem by deleting the Chrome browser completely, downloading another copy and installing it. This cured the problem so I think it might have been connected with a "pirate" update being downloaded. I saw this referred to in an article somewhere (can't remember where!)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED