//some 3rd party need geo

Unable to add/remove Iexplore in Windows ME

mxyzptlk 19:05 04 Nov 04

I am running Iexplore 6.0.2800.1106IS in Windows ME. I need to repair it to restore some corrupted items in Tools/Internet Options/Advanced. However when I try to use Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel I get a message "Error in setupwbv.dll Missing entry:IE6Maintenance".

I searched in Google and tried several remedies suggested there, including running the following from a command prompt:

rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g "C:\WINDOWS\IE Uninstall Log.Txt".

So far no success. Can anyone help?

MAJ 19:38 04 Nov 04

Go to the C:\WINDOWS\inf folder, locate the IE.INF file, right-click on it and choose install. That will repair IE for you, mxyzptlk.

mxyzptlk 20:46 05 Nov 04

Thanks for the prompt reply MAJ. I tried installing IE.INF but unfortunately it had no effect. Symptoms are the same as before!

VoG II 20:57 05 Nov 04

Try removing IE click here

Then reinstall click here (Note: this is the full download, not just a service pack).

mxyzptlk 23:27 07 Nov 04

Thanks VoG, this fixed the problem but not as easily as you suggested!

Ieradicator removed Iexplore but not completely. I used Norton Windoctor and Regvac to clean up the registry before downloading Iexplore6 SP1 (using Netscape 7.1 which I already had installed).

Thanks again.

mxyzptlk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…