unable to add program's XP PRO

am unale to load AOL9 all any software to come to mention it using the step by step guide from Microsoft. keeps adv me only able to install read & write protection files only? then systme freezer's as any one got any ideas at moment am very tempted to go back to win9x & forget about XP pro i feel like am banging my head against a brick wall just errors after errors HELP!!!!!!!!

woodt 14:09 20 Oct 04

sounds like you are not logged on to windows as an Administrator. You will have to reboot into Safe Mode (Press F8 Durung boot sequence and select Safe Mode from list of options) Logon to Administrator, the password is the one you selected when installing XP Pro (usually blank for most people) When windows is up and running in safe mode go to Control PAnel/User accounts and go through the procedure to change youe account to 'Administrator'. Reboot normally..... Voila.

Thank you for your quick reply.
I will try this evening many thanks!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…