Unable to activate A2.Free Version.

Meshuga 17:28 04 May 05

I have 2 PC`s networked through a router/modem on BB. Both have Winxp home sp2. I have downloaded A2 Free onto one pc without any trouble and it updates ok. I decided to download A2Free on to the other pc which went ok. However, before you can use A2 for the first time it says you have to do one update. When I try to update I get a message saying "Unable to connect to update server" even though I have entered the user name and code that they sent me by email.Everything else is working ok. Any suggestions please?

rawprawn 17:37 04 May 05

It is worth checking that you didn't download the pro version by accident. I have done that and had problems in the past.If you did uninstall re download the free version and install.

Meshuga 18:11 04 May 05

Many thanks rawprawn, am pretty certain that it was the free version but will check when using the PC in question.

pat2068 18:20 04 May 05

i think the a2 server must be down as i am getting the same message and i do have the free version leo

Meshuga 18:38 04 May 05

Thank you for that,leo.

Hamish 18:49 04 May 05

The A2 site appears to be in operation again

rawprawn 18:52 04 May 05

Yep, I just connected no problem.So maybe it was just a problem with the site. Try again my friend.

Meshuga 19:05 04 May 05

Yes, will do rawprawn. Have to be tomorrow though. Thanks to all for your replies.

Meshuga 22:06 04 May 05

Bump.

Meshuga 06:46 05 May 05

Hi rawprawn, I have checked the version and it is definitely the free version but it still tells me that it cannot connect to the update server and that I should check my internet settings. My internet settings are the same as they have always been and everything else connects ok. Any further suggestions please anybody?

Meshuga 07:22 05 May 05

Since my previous post I have gone to the a2 home page and looked in the FAQ list and one of the suggestions Re this problem is to see if you can connect to the control centre using the same user/code details. I have done this and can connect ok. It doesn`t say whether this means settings are ok but I would assume that they must be. Unfortunately, with my limited knowledge I do not understand other suggestions they make.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…