unable to access web with Z A Pro running

buckley 00:52 31 Dec 04

When I try to access the web I get " web page not found". This happens frequently and when I disconnect Zone Alarm I have no problem. Trying to get help from he ZA web page is like pulling teeth--and the special sit there is like a chinese fire drill..
Are there any patches to correct this--Browser is Firefox pc is clean and memory is 480.

Any settings in the ZA setup recommended?? Thanks.

GaT7 01:34 31 Dec 04

Have you tried their Forum? click here. For help relating to your problem specifically I would recommend the 'Access Issues' sub-forum click here. Good luck, G

keith-236785 07:58 31 Dec 04

mine works ok with firefox, so my suggestion would be to double click the ZA in your taskbar, click !program control", then choose the "programs" tab at the top, scroll down to firefox and change ALL the options to ALLOW (green tick), that should be all thats needed, if that doesnt work, delete firefox from zone alarm, then try to restart firefox, za should then ask what you want to do (depending on your setup of ZA)

what security settings are you using on ZA? (click the firewall tab) and while you are there, click the advanced button and make sure that the network settings (bottom one) isnt set to "Exclude networks from the trusted zone"

good luck

if you still dont have any luck, try removing firefox (uninstall), shutdown and restart your pc, then reinstall firefox, then za should pick it up and ask what you want to do.

buckley 01:44 02 Jan 05

Just got time to read your responses--thank you both for the help! sorry for the delayed reply gentlemen!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…