Unable to access some sites, but can access others

martin_old 10:06 06 Jun 07

Hi,

I have two or three sites which I just cannot gain access to, having inputted the correct usernames and passwords. A 'restricted access' screen appears, and no matter how many times I reinsert the information, I have no success. Eventually I get a '401 Authorisation Required' screen.

Can someone tell me which settings I need to change, because I'm sure that's all it is!

Thanks.

Marko797 10:53 06 Jun 07

This might be something to do with access permissions in your firewall. I use Zone Alarm and at times have to let the prog know I want to access the site concerned..I just have to let it know or else it refuses.

martin_old 11:09 06 Jun 07

Thanks. I don't use Zone Alarm, and can't see what settings on the Firewall are preventing me the access.

Any more ideas?

Jackcoms 11:53 06 Jun 07

If using IE, go to Tools; Internet Options and ensure that the Security and Privacy settings are set as 'Default'.

martin_old 15:43 06 Jun 07

No, that didn't work, still no access. This si the message I get, which just keeps returning, no matter how often I put in the correct username and password.

"The server click here at xxxx Members Area requires a username and password.

Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection)."

birdface 16:19 06 Jun 07

googled.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009