Unable to access some jpg files from main (XP) PC

LennieAJ 17:28 17 Feb 09

Hi

I have a desktop with XP Home and a laptop with Vista. Both have up to now been working together quite happily. However I have recently put some photos on the main computer that I can't access on the laptop. They were taken at the same time as others and downloaded together but some I can see whilst others only have a red cross in the centre. Looking at the security tab in Properties the ones I can't see will not allow me to view or edit permissions whilst those I can list permissions etc. Can anyone help and explain why I can view most but not all.

Cheers

LennieAJ

Bazz2000 01:11 18 Feb 09

is it possible you have encrypted these files on the main computer?

LennieAJ 14:06 18 Feb 09

If I have I'm not sure how as 1)they are amongst several taken and downloaded at the same time and 2)I wouldn't know how. If I have can you tell be how I can tell and how I can rectify the problem.

Many Thanks

Bazz2000 22:28 18 Feb 09

the easiest way to tell. When you see the filename, is the text green? If so its encrypted, It will be black or blue if its not,(with blue meaning its been compressed.
If its green, right click the folder, go to properties, advanced, then change the option in there.

LennieAJ 16:33 19 Feb 09

No - they appear to be identical to the photos either side of them.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac