Unable to access several chat rooms

Molly_Don 21:12 10 Sep 09

I use a couple of chat rooms that I have no problems accessing via BB on the lappy at home, yet when I use the same laptop with 3 mobile BB, I'm unable to access the same chat rooms, the sites load OK but the chat rooms just hang.

Any suggestions please

mooly 08:07 11 Sep 09

Sounds like a speed problem. Anything that happens in "real time" a decent bit rate.
I'm no expert on this but have you tried your 3 mobile set up at a different location?

mooly 08:11 11 Sep 09

Check the R/H menu... coverage etc
click here

Stuwee 08:13 11 Sep 09

try emptying the Temp folder, which version of internet explorer are you using? What is your connection speed? Also what anti virus and type of fire wall do you use?

Molly_Don 22:00 11 Sep 09

[quote]"I'm no expert on this but have you tried your 3 mobile set up at a different location?"[/quote]

Yes, I have the same problem no matter where I am in the country, can access the sites, but not the chat rooms.

[quote]Is this any help...

Check the R/H menu... coverage etc[/quote]
According to the map, I have good coverage.

[quote]Which version of internet explorer are you using? What is your connection speed? Also what anti virus and type of fire wall do you use[/quote]

I'm using IE8 - not sure of my connection speed, I use Kaspersky security suite.

If it helps, I use the chat rooms on this lappy at home with no problem, I only have a problem accessing the chat rooms when I'm on mobile BB.

rdave13 22:06 11 Sep 09

Contact your mobile BB ISP with your problem.

Molly_Don 22:10 11 Sep 09

Will do dave, before I do, could it be a problem with my Ram, I have 1GB installed at the moment.

rdave13 00:26 12 Sep 09

1GB ample with xp and good enough with Vista although 2Gig is advised with latter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…